Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A meaningful paragraph

Yesterday, had a little quarrel and debate with one of my friends in school about the deliverance thing. He keeps on insisting that he was correct, and I was wrong, and I just kept arguing with him. Yong Jing told me to stop, because it's no use quarreling with him. Although I've stopped, I still feel very unhappy about it.

Today after school, I was reading a small book, Our Daily Bread™, and I had skipped a few days because I was busy. Today I managed to find the time, and so I'm reading the days that I've missed.

I was reading a story on July 27, which was Friday, and I found the verse was meaningful.

2 Timothy 2:23-26 (I skipped a 2:22, because I think it's abit irrelevant to what I'll be talking about)

And the explanation in the book goes like this.(I'll summarise)

Caring for people can be risky. Paul described what it takes to help those who, in perilous times have wandered from the path of truth. ... he reminds us that when it comes to caring for the minds and hearts of others, we can't rely on human ingenuity and muscle. What we really need is the wisdom of God. Without being quarrelsome or arrogant, the Lord's servant must use gentleness and patience.

Dear Father, I realised my mistakes yesterday. I shouldn't have lost my temper and start debating with my friend, I know this is wrong. I know I should have been more patience and explain to him what is it all about. O Lord, I pray that You will really help me to stand strong, and help me to be more patient with the lost out there. I thank You and I praise You, in Jesus name I lift this prayer to You, Amen.

0 comments: