Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dr. A.R. Bernard weekend

Last saturday, was the first time I'm seeing and listening to Dr. A.R. Bernard preaching. Man, it was so so so impacting. It's so important for all Christians, bringing the spiritual and moral values of Jesus into the marketplace.

After the whole service, the whole lot of us went to Paya Lebar to eat, to accompany Quang Yi. Halfway through, Kenneth, Shamus and I spent some time talking to him. Kenneth thinks I'm too soft to him, upon thinking, maybe I am, I don't know...

I went for the sunday service also, but I was so so so tired... Afteroon, I went to meet up my mum at bugis. That day was blessed by 3 things.

1st: PSP games in memory stick.(I need to modify it, who can accompany me?)
2nd: 4 new clothes! (Watch out for what I wear! :P)
3rd: Durains!!! Yum!

After that, I was so tired for both yesterday and today, because I ate durain, and I was full, so I can't sleep early, resulting myself very tired the next day...

1 comments:

Clayton Perry said...

Peng Ru:

Greetings! ;o)

On January 24, 2008, my book review for Happiness Is...Simple Steps to a Life of Joy was posted to the NUBIANO Exchange. The review led to an rare, unexpected interview with the author, Reverend A. R. Bernard: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/03/02/124457.php

As you know, Reverend A. R. Bernard is the founder and spiritual leader of the Christian Cultural Center, New York City's largest and fastest-growing church. Every Sunday, his teachings touch the lives of a 29,000-member congregation and reach an additional 300,000 via WMCA-AM on his morning radio show. Reverend Bernard's reach extends beyond the pulpit, though. He is a board member of the New York City Economic Development Corporation, a member of New York City School Chancellor Joel Klein's Advisory Cabinet, and President of the Council of Churches of the City of New York.

In May 2006, New York Magazine dubbed Reverend Bernard as one of the city's most influential New Yorkers. Similar accolades have followed, with the New York Daily News (February 2007) selecting him as the top religious leader in New York City and the New York Post (February 2008) naming him the most influential black New Yorker. In spite of Reverend Bernard's outstanding leadership and laundry list of achievements, he asserts the fruits of his life's work would have been impossible without the grace of God.

Best wishes,

Clayton Perry