Saturday, December 15, 2007

Jamming Experience

Ok, this is not the first time I went to a jamming studio to jam, so for some who think it is, it's not. I also know some of you out there must have heard me saying this like for a lot of times, and you're bored...okok, I know. I'm excited because, everytime I go jamming with my friends, I don't really have a major role down there, either playing keyboard for 1 or 2 songs, and sing or stone for the rest of the time.

This time, it's different, because this is a first time I'm in a major role of the song! A drummer! Man, my first time playing the whole song on the drum part! Felt so fun!

Without asking the vocalist, there's good and bad... Good is some parts we are setting up, and then some we had to get the notes or beats right, before we move on, so that took up quite some time, and if the vocalist was there, that person might probably felt bored... Bad is, you know, guys can only focus on one thing, at most 2 or 3 things at a time, so without a vocalist at that time really was hard because just purely the music cannot really guide us through the whole song...

The whole experience was fun, we played awaken my soul, rain down, but god, Shamus played the drums on shine like stars, great is our god, rain down, and the rest of the songs I kind of forgotten...

Well, anyway, Yong Jing had his fun before he flew off. The next time if the few of us have to jam again, will be next year...hmmm, looking forward...

Wasted, never took a picture that day...

0 comments: