Monday, January 14, 2008

Forgiving

Well, the title is not actually whom I want to forgive, but it's actually the title of the message that was preached by Pastor Tan on Sunday service! An impactful one!

I learnt the true meanings of forgiveness.

1. Forgiveness is unconditional
2. Forgiveness does not minimize the seriousness of offence
3. Forgiveness isn't resuming a relationship without change
To resume a relationship:
a) genuine repentance
b) restitution (restoring)
c) rebuilding trust (takes time to do it)
4. Forgiveness isn't forgetting what happened
5. Forgiveness isn't my right when I wasn't the one being hurt

Seriously, this is really really an important message, because it kind of suits me. This sentence is interesting though.

" Life is 10% 'what happened' and 90% how we react to it." Quite true though. Another one.
"If we judge what we value by our circumstances, we will de-value what is important to give value to what is momentary."

After service, most of us went to eat 'ban mian'. Haha, had fun fellowshipping. After lunch, Xiu Wen, Gary, Wei Siong, Siyuan and me went to Jurong Point, Xiu Wen went to meet Shella though. In the end we ended up in arcade, Gary left to meet his friend I think, then halfway Xiu Wen and Shella left, leaving the three of us. Wei Siong and I played the basketball machine again..haha, it was fun. We then went to some shops and look at our own individual stuffs before Siyuan went down to buy waffle. We then had quite a long talk, about the cg and stuffs. Although a long talk, but at least we know our views for the cg, and we knew each other a bit better. Hope to have more similar fellowships like this.

Then when Wei Siong left, left Siyuan and me continue talking, about the same topics though, only difference was some stuffs were from her past. We then parted and I went home, I planned to meet Raymond and Nick. Haha, had quite a good chat with them also. Arrgh...tired, I go sleep.

Today was a talking day!! :P

0 comments: